When using a VPN, you typically get what you spend for. So, I was a little dubious about Surfshark’s glowing ratings when I noticed its incredibly low rates.
I evaluated every element of Surfshark, which include speeds, security features, unblocking prowess, network dependability, and device compatibility, to see if it actually lived up to these expectations.
In order to confirm the legitimacy of Surfshark’s privacy statement, I also closely examined it and placed its customer service department on the trial.
The findings were remarkable: Surfshark is extremely user-friendly, extremely safe to use, and has many robust authentication methods that the ordinary VPN does not really offer.
Given that its server network is very modest in comparison to several other VPNs, there is still scope for improvement in various areas. If you would like a more dependable network as well as better international coverage, I will personally suggest ExpressVPN.
Probably one of the best VPN providers in 2022 is Surfshark VPN. It is a very appealing VPN choice for all types of consumers due to its affordable price as well as limitless simultaneous connections.
Additionally, Surfshark provides outstanding connection speeds, thousands and thousands of servers worldwide, and military-grade AES security.
Additional capabilities provided by Surfshark include split tunneling, SmartDNS, GPS spoofing, the quick WireGuard protocol, as well as P2P-optimized servers.
And also to make things even better, Surfshark is consistently releasing the latest additions and characteristics, like a graphical user interface for Linux as well as the capabilities of Nexus.
Unsurprisingly, Surfshark is one of the most well-known VPN service providers. Overall, it’s correct to conclude that Surfshark continues to keep its position as one of the finest VPNs available today.
It is a nearly flawless online security solution because it is loaded with features and uses robust security mechanisms.
Instant attractions of SurfShark
- Fast WireGuard protocol performance
- Strong security features
- GPS-spoofing feature
- Unblocks most streaming platforms
- Superb customer support
- A lot of extra features
Quick statistical overview
|Number of servers||3200+|
|Support||24/7 live chat support|
When I tried Surfshark’s capability to get around geologically-restricted platforms or content, it did an excellent job. Unblocking US/UK Netflix, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, HBO Max, and other services was essentially trouble-free for me.
In two of the tested locations I tested, Surfshark was even able to get through the well-known strong geo-restricted content placed on Amazon Prime Video. It did not even take me long to locate one, even if certain devices needed me to change servers several times until I found one that functioned.
It’s widely believed that Surfshark can unlock roughly 30 distinct Netflix libraries, according to numerous claims. When we tested the VPN in a few different countries, including the US, UK, Canada, Japan, and Australia, Surfshark was unquestionably effective.
Sling TV, Sky TV, and France TV were the only websites I was completely unable to access.
Here is a complete list of all the platforms that Surfshark VPN was able to unblock in our test
- Amazon Prime
- HBO Max
- BBC iPlayer
- AT&T tv
- Paramount 6Play
- Now TV
- CBC Gem
- Rakuten Viki
Surfshark’s servers are completely geared for P2P downloads, so it is a solid choice for torrenting. It seems that all Surfshark servers are tuned for torrenting because we had no trouble downloading torrents from various international locations.
It functioned on every torrent client we tried, including:
We have also noticed some significant slowdowns in speeds without bandwidth restrictions and data quotas; these will still primarily depend on your initial download connection as well as the number of seeders. Overall, Surfshark firmly merits a place in our ranking of the top VPNs for torrenting.
A VPN should have a wide selection of servers and server regions, and this VPN does just that. In 95 countries, Surfshark provides more than 3200 servers.
It becomes clear that despite having fewer servers than NordVPN, another well-known VPN service, which has 5400 servers spread across 60 countries, Surfshark offers a wider geographic coverage across all significant global regions.
|Regions||Number of Countries|
|Asia and Oceanic region||14 countries|
There will be various possibilities for Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, India, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the United States among the countries that will be offered.
Despite the fact that coverage in Africa and the Middle East is lacking (a problem shared by the majority of VPNs), there are still many options available in the rest of the world. Finding a quick server in the area won’t be difficult.
Speeds on Surfshark are quick and reliable. I looked at three factors when I evaluated speeds:
- The speed at which you download information from the server to which you are connected determines how quickly you can stream or load websites. Megabits per second are used to measure it (Mbps).
- Upload speed is the rate at which data is sent to the server for purposes such as social media posting, video calling, emailing, etc. Megabits per second are used to measure it (Mbps).
- Ping measures how long it takes for data transmission. Milliseconds are used to measure it (ms). Your connection would be more reactive the lower your ping, which is vital for things like online gaming.
Even on servers more than 15,000 kilometers from my location, which I tested at more than 25 different server locations, there were no noticeable slowdowns.
Security and encryption
To protect and safeguard your online activities, you could select from 4 VPN protocols. I was pleased to learn that Surfshark is WireGuard supported on all popular operating systems as well as provides Shadowsocks for persons living in nations with a bunch of censorship of the internet, even though IKEv2 and OpenVPN are very standard.
- IKEv2: In my evaluations, this protocol fared the best. Although I had fantastic speeds even on distant servers, it typically works better when connecting to one close by. Due to its ability to automatically connect, this protocol is an excellent choice if you are using a mobile phone because it keeps you safe even when you transition from data usage to WiFi. The Windows, iOS, Android, macOS, as well as FireTV apps from Surfshark support IKEv2.
- OpenVPN: Among the most secure protocols accessible is OpenVPN, which itself is continuously being enhanced by security experts around the world. There really are two variants: TCP is slower but provides a more dependable connection, while UDP is faster and therefore great for video chats, streaming, as well as gaming. I found that OpenVPN performed effectively on both nearby and distant servers and that it is accessible on Windows, iOS, Android, macOS, Linux, and FireTV.
- WireGuard: Known for enhancing security without slowing down, this protocol. Even though IKEv2 and Wireguard provided me with lesser speeds, OpenVPN was substantially faster. Additionally, it functions effectively for all types of internet activities such as streaming, video calls, and standard surfing. Windows, Android, iOS, and macOS all support it.
- Shadowsocks: Internet censorship, particularly that of China, can be circumvented by residents of high-censorship nations with the aid of Shadowsocks, an anonymized proxy. The use of more popular protocols like IKEv2 in places like China, the UAE, and Egypt is likely to fail because these nations restrict VPN connections. Another one of the protocols is a wiser alternative because it is more secure if you are not in an area that is strongly controlled. In the event that OpenVPN malfunctions, it serves more as a backup. On top of being accessible on Windows and Android, Shadowsocks may also be manually installed on Macs and iOS devices.
When employing the IPv4 stack, Surfshark provides private DNS on each server as well as IP leak protection. The most prevalent IP format is IPv4, whereas IPv6 is a more recent standard. Your equipment’s IP version relies on the IP versions that are supported by your connection.
This implies that if your connection supports IPv6, utilizing Surfshark may result in leaks. Since IPv6 is still relatively new, not many people should have a problem with it. When I approached support to inquire about it, they responded that they were working on implementing this soon and provided me with a few tips to protect your IP.
To eliminate this leakage, you can simply disable IPv6 in your instrument’s network configuration, but doing so might stop some apps from functioning properly. The recommended protocol to use for securing your IPv6 connections, according to support, is OpenVPN.
A good VPN like Surfshark must provide IPv6 support; with VPNs like ExpressVPN or PrivateVPN, which assist both IPv4 and IPv6, you don’t even need to bother about this. No IPv4, IPv6, WebRTC, or DNS leakage was found on the 10 servers I tested when I ran leak experiments with IPv6 enabled. To ensure your connection is truly secure, I advise you to examine it.
Surfshark VPN provides equally good services on all types of devices like Android, iOS, Windows, Chrome, macOS, Firefox, Linux, etc.
Along with Apple TV and Fire TV, you may also use Playstation and Xbox gaming consoles. If you’re not happy with Surfshark’s service, you can get all your money back through its 30-day money-back guarantee.
This VPN also has 24/7 customer assistance which ensures that the users get their problems sorted immediately and can enjoy the services of the VPN without any kind of trouble.
Surfshark VPN allows users to use the VPN on unlimited devices no matter which subscription plan they choose.
You’ll be surprised and happy to know that you just need to get one account of the VPN and can use it for unlimited connections which allows you to share it with all your friends and family without paying any extra amount and without doing any extra steps.
Plans & Pricing
|1 month||$12.95 per month|
|6 months||$6.49 per month|
|24 months||$2.49 per month|
You can make the payment for subscription plans through any method of your choice. You are allowed to use PayPal, Credit card, Amazon Pay, Sofort, Google Pay, etc. It accepts payment through CoinPayments or CoinGate and even Cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum, and Bitcoin.
If you’re unhappy with your purchase, you can return it for a refund within 30 days.
The above-given information about Surfshark VPN covers everything you need to know about any VPN before buying its subscription plan to get access to all its services.
Many tests have proven that this VPN is strong enough to protect your device from any kind of possible malware and to ensure that your online security cannot be harmed in any way.
It allows unlimited connections and does not compromise the speed on any of the devices. The users can choose any device to use the VPN as it functions equally well on all the devices.
It has three different subscription plans having reasonable prices for each and also has a 30-day money-back guarantee which allows a 100% refund in case you are not satisfied with the services. It also allows a 7-day free trial.
Surfshark works better than most of the VPNs available in the market, so you should definitely give it a try.